(2) Remove keeper bar from magnetic poles.
(3) Place magnet on areas being inspected.
When dispensing powder, hold thumb partially over spray bulb head to keep cap
from blowing off.
(4) Spray moderate amount of powder on area to be checked. Powder will remain in cracks and will show as a
(5) If cracks discovered in bolt circle front or rear flanges, flex disk and ring gear assembly must be replaced.
(6) Wipe assembly clean.
b. Inspect ring gear.
(1) Inspect ring gear for broken, cracked, or worn teeth.
(2) If ring gear defective, replace flex disk and ring gear assembly.
Ring gear and flex disk cannot be