Baffle is press-fit over lip on cover breather port.
(2) Carefully pry breather off cover. Take care not to bend or crack breather or port.
(3) Check breather for cracks and distortions, especially around press-fit area. Discard if defective.
(4) Inspect cover for cracks, dents, and distorted sealing surface. Discard if defective.
(5) Inspect for cracks around capscrew holes and breather port area. Discard if defective.
(6) Inspect no. 1 cover oil filler cap expansion rubber seal area for tears, deterioration, and security. Discard
cap if defective.
3-48. REPAIR ROCKER LEVER COVERS
Repair of covers is limited to replacement of breather baffle, breather, and oil filler
a. Install breather.
PRESS STRAIGHT ON BREATHER TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO BREATHER AND/OR
(1) Align breather with no. 3 rocker lever cover breather port.