b. Clean shutoff valve assembly components.
(1) Clean coil with clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
(2) Polish coil face with 200 grit emery cloth on a flat surface.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30
PSI (207 KPA).
USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
P-D-680 SOLVENT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
(3) Clean remaining parts with cleaning solvent. Blow dry with compressed air.
c. Inspect shutoff valve assembly components.
(1) Check shutoff valve for wear, corrosion, or bonding separation. Replace valve if defective.
(2) Measure valve seat width in valve housing with micrometer. Replace valve housing if seat width is less
than 0.015 in. (0.38 mm).
(3) With multimeter, check resistance bet ween lower terminal of coil and base of coil. Discard coil if resistance
not within 7 to 8 ohms.