3-80. FUEL GEAR PUMP ASSEMBLY REPAIR
a. Disassemble fuel gear pump assembly.
(1) Remove two capscrews, flat washers, and lockwashers securing gear body to gear cover.
(2) Remove check valve elbow from pump gear body.
(3) Install two screws into holes in gear body.
(4) With softface hammer, tap on screws to separate gear body from gear cover. Discard gasket.
(5) Remove idler shaft with gear and dri ve shaft with gear from gear body. Do not separate gears from shafts
at this time.
(6) Remove pressure valve from gear cover.
(7) Remove pipe plug from gear body.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30
PSI (207 KPA).
USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
P-D-680 SOLVENT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
b. Clean fuel gear pump assembly components with cleaning solvent. Blow dry with compressed air.