(7) Aline locating notch on gear cover with locating notch on gear body and mat e cover and body.
(8) Secure body to cover with two socket head capscrews, lockwashers, and flat washers. Torque capscrews
to 11 - 13 ft lbs (15 18 Nm).
(9) With dial indicator, check drive shaft end clearance. End clearance must not be less than 0. 0009 in.
(0.0228 mm) or more than 0.0015 in. (0.0381 mm). Gaskets are available in 0.0020 in. (0.0508 mm) and
0.0015 in. (0.0381 mm).
(10) With micrometer, check drive shaft protrusion from gear cover. Shaft must protrude 2.370 2.412 in. (60.198
(11) With dial indicator, check gear backlash. Backlash must be within 0.006 0.010 in. (0.152 0.254 mm).
(12) If pump binds or has excessive backlash, check for errors in assembly to prevent early pump failure.
e. Install fuel gear pump assembly.
(1) Install check valve elbow into pump gear body.
Be sure elbow faces toward rear of fuel gear pump
USE CORRECT GASKET IN STEP (2) AND BE SURE GASKET IS CORRECTLY
POSITIONED. BE SURE PUMP MAIN HOUSING FUEL HOLES MATCH GEAR PUMP
ASSEMBLY HOLES. IMPROPER GASKET CAN CAUSE ENGINE FAILURE.
(2) Install new gear pump assembly mount gasket on fuel gear pump assembly and mate gear pump assembly
with fuel pump main housing.
(3) Secure gear pump assembly with socket head capscrews an d new lockwashers. Torque capscrews to 11
13 ft lbs (15 -18 Nm).
(4) Check that gear pump drive shaft rotates freely.