COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30
PSI (207 KPA).
USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
P-D-680 SOLVENT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
c. Clean fuel pump front cover assembly and governor with cleaning solvent. Blow dry with compressed air.
d. Inspect fuel pump front cover assembly and governor.
(1) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, and other damage. Discard defective parts.
(2) Using micrometer, measure inside diameter of governor bushing.
Discard bushing if diameter exceeds
0.504 in. (12.801 mm).
(3) Inspect fuel pump drive shaft for scoring, wear grooves, and other damage. Remove bearing (step 4) and
discard shaft if defective.
(4) Inspect bearing for roughness and ease of rotation.
If bearing defective, press from shaft and discard
(5) Using micrometer, measure outside diameter of tachometer drive shaft. Replace shaft if diameter is less
than 0.3950 in. (10.0330 mm).
(6) Using micrometer, measure inside diameter of tachometer drive shaft bushing. Replace bushing if diameter
is greater than 0.397 in. (10.084 mm).
(7) Check tachometer drive shaft drive and driven gears for chipped, broken, missing, or worn teeth. Replace if