e. Assemble fuel pump front cover assembly and governor.
(1) Lubricate fuel pump drive shaft with clear calibration fluid and press bearing onto shaft with bearing
installation tool. Tool is part of 3375175 front cover and main shaft assembly tool kit.
(2) Install tachometer drive shaft bushing onto tachometer drive shaft.
(3) Put a 0.004 in. (0.101 mm) feeler gage on top of bushing.
(4) Press gear onto tachometer drive shaft until there is clearance of 0.002 0.005 in. (0.050 0.127 mm)
between gear and bushing.
(5) Line up oil groove in top of bushing with fuel pump drive shaft and press tachometer drive shaft, bushing,
and drive gear as an assembly in front cover assembly until bushing bottoms.
Spacer must bottom on bushing.
(6) Install tachometer drive spacer on top of bushing with spacer slotted edge down.