c. Install cylinder liners.
TO PREVENT SWELLING OF O-RINGS AND POSSIBLE DISLODGING UPON LINER
INSTALLATION APPLY COAT OF HIGH TEMPERATURE GREASE TO RINGS JUST
BEFORE THEIR INSTALLATION.
(1) Lightly lubricate crevice and O-rings with engine oil.
(2) Carefully side crevice seal into top groove of liner.
(3) Carefully roll black O-ring with yellow stripe into center groove.
(4) Carefully roll red O-ring with two blue stripes into bottom groove.
(5) Remove any twists from crevice seal and O-rings.
(6) Wipe upper and lower cylinder block counterbores clean.
(7) Lubricate cylinder block-to-liner mating surfaces in block with high temperature grease.
(8) Place liner with shim(s) (if used) in block by hand being careful not to dislodge O-rings and crevice seal.
(9) Place ST-1229 liner driver squarely in liner and seat liner with swift solid blow with softface hammer. Liner
will snap into place.