2-28. OIL FILTER ADAPTER AND OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT REPAIR
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
Engine disassembled into subassemblies
automotive (Appendix E, Item 1)
Clean all components in accordance with para. 2-9.
For general inspection instructions, refer to para. 2-10.
1. Inspect adapter bolt (2) for damaged threads. Replace if threads are damaged.
2. Inspect adapter reducer (3) for damaged threads. Replace if threads are damaged.
3. Inspect adapter (1) for damage. Replace adapter (1) if damaged and remove adapter reducer (3)
4. Inspect fitting (5) for damage. Replace if damaged.
5. Inspect oil pressure sending unit (4) for damage. Replace if damaged.