2-32. FUEL INJECTION PUMP REPAIR (Contd)
l Do not handle precision ground surface of rotor to avoid
l Handle all parts carefully with clean hands wet with calibrating
fluid to avoid contamination.
l Do not immerse hydraulic head in solvent or sealant damage
1. Clean all fuel injection pump components in accordance with instructions in para. 2-9.
2. Rinse hydraulic head (1) and rotor (2) in calibrating fluid.
For general inspection instructions, refer to para. 2-10.
1. Inspect housing (5) for damage. Replace injection pump if damaged.
2. Inspect pilot tube (4) in housing (5) for scoring or damage. If scored or damaged, perform steps 3
through 7, if not, go to step 8.
3. Remove pilot tube (4) and drive shaft bearing (3) from housing (5) using pilot tube mandrel.
Discard pilot tube (4).
4. Inspect drive shaft bearing (3) for roughness or damage. Discard if rough or damaged.