2-32. FUEL INJECTION PUMP REPAIR (Contd)
Handle all parts carefully with clean hands wet with calibrating
fluid to avoid contamination.
1. Mount injection pump housing (20) in holding fixture and secure with vise.
2. Lubricate seals (17), (18), and (19) with seal lubricant and install black seal (17) in groove (25),
red seal (18) in groove (24) and black seal (19) in groove (23) using drive shaft seal installer.
3. Install thrust button spring (15) and thrust button (14) in drive shaft assembly (16).
Note position of timing mark on end of drive shaft tang when
installing drive shaft assembly. This is necessary to align rotor
to drive shaft.
4. Install drive shaft assembly (16) in housing (20).
5. Install snapring (21) in groove (22) on drive shaft assembly (16).