2-33. PRE-1990 (6.2L) FUEL INJECTION PUMP (DB2829-4523) CALIBRATION (Contd)
(b) Energize electric shutoff solenoid and check delivery against the chart below.
0-1 psi (0-6.9 kPa)**
* Maximum cylinder variation should be ± 6 mm3 from the average flow of all cylinders.
** With housing pressure cold advance solenoid energized.
*** With electric shutoff solenoid de-energized.
10. Disconnect pump and mount in holding fixture.
11. Using air timing gage, check pump timing. Set to -0.75 to +1.25 degrees.
12. Refer to para. 2-7, Engine Troubleshooting, to diagnose any malfunctions encountered during
d. Injection Pump Settings (Following Pump Repair)
1. Roller-to-roller dimension must be 1.981 ± 0.0005 in. (50.32 ± 0.013 mm). With oversize cam ring
installed, roller-to-roller dimension will be 1.987 ± 0.0005 in. (50.47 ± 0.013 mm). Maximum
eccentricity allowed is 0.008 in. (0.20 mm) TIR.
2. Linkage gap must be 0.130-0.175 in. (3.30-4.45 mm).
(a) Mount the pump horizontally in holding fixture and remove governor cover.
(b) Hold the throttle lever in the wide-open throttle (WOT) position. Rotate pump drive shaft
counterclockwise until a click is heard as the rounded contact points on the governor arm
engage the slots in the thrust sleeve. Continue to rotate the drive shaft until the gap between
the governor arm and pump housing is minimal.
(c) Using linkage gap tool, check the clearance limits between the rear of the shutoff shaft and
the vertical tab on the linkage hook.
(d) If adjustment is required, loosen governor linkage hook adjustment screw and extend the
linkage hook to its maximum open length (throttle lever must be in WOT).
(e) Insert the appropriate step of the linkage gap tool between the vertical hook tab and the
throttle shaft, with the step facing the shaft. The tool must be held vertically and parallel
to the linkage hook tab.
(f) With the linkage hook pin seated firmly in the governor arm slot and the governor arm in
the minimal gap position (step 2.(b)), shorten the linkage hook assembly until the face of the
vertical tab is flush against the tool. Tighten adjusting screw to 12-15 lb-in. (1 Nm).
(g) Recheck linkage gap and adjust if necessary.