2-21. CYLINDER HEAD AND VALVE REPAIR (Contd)
Valves must be installed in the same location they were removed
from. As each valve is removed, place on numbered board or stand.
8. Remove exhaust valve (15) from cylinder head (1).
9. Repeat steps 5 through 8 for remaining exhaust valves.
Precombustion chambers must be installed in the same location they
were removed from. Mark precombustion chambers for assembly.
10. Remove four precombustion chambers (18) from cylinder head (1).
11. Repeat steps 1 through 10 for opposite cylinder head.
12. Remove engine temperature sending unit (19) from left cylinder head (1)
13. Remove cold start advance switch (20) from right cylinder head (1).
14. Remove two capscrews (21), water jacket cover (22), and water jacket cover gasket (23) from right
cylinder head (1). Discard gasket (23).