ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-84-2
c. Teat field ceil.
(1) Check for continuity between brushes with a multimeter.
(2) If there is no continuity indicated, field coil is open and field coil frame must be replaced.
(3) Check for continuity between field coil frame and brushes.
(4) If continuity is indicated, field coil is grounded and field coil frame must be replaced.
d. Test solenoid.
(1) Check for continuity between solenoid terminals M and B with a multimeter. Refer to FIGURE 3-48.
(2) No continuity should be indicated when solenoid plunger is in normal (out) position.
(3) Push solenoid plunger in and note multimeter. Multimeter should indicate continuity. If no continuity is
indicated, solenoid must be replaced.
3-23.4. Cleaning and Inspection.
Cleaning solvent is flammable and toxic to eyes, akin, and respiratory
tract. Skin/eye protection required. Avoid repeated/prolonged contact.
Good general ventilation is normally adequate.
Compressed air used for cleaning can create airborne particles that
may enter the eyes. Pressure will not exceed 30 psig (207 kPa). Eye