ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
m. Check pushrod curvature as follows:
(1) Lay pushrod on a surface plate, refer to FIGURE 3-73.
If surface plate is not available, use a flat surface.
(2) Roll pushrod along surface plate checking for curvature with a thickness gage.
(3) If measured value exceeds 0.012 in. (0.3 mm), replace pushrod.
(4) Inspect both ends of pushrod for excessive wear or damage. If excessive wear or damage is found, re-
FIGURE 3-73. Push Rod Curvature
n. Inspect studs (22, FIGURE 3-60) for stripped threads or other damage.
o. Inspect freeze plugs (23, 24, 25, and 26) and dust plug (27) for cracks and other damage.
a. Correct valve seat insert as follows:
(1) Remove carbon from valve seat insert surface.