ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
Install valve guides (16, FIGURE 3-60) as follows:
(1) Apply engine lubricating oil (ML-L-2104) to valve guide outer circumference.
(2) Attach valve guide installing tool (NU-7634) and valve guide setting tool (320908) to valve guide.
(3) Use a hammer to drive valve guide into position from cylinder head upper face.
(4) Measure distance valve guide extends above cylinder head upper face. Distance should be approximate-
ly 0.47 in. (12.0 mm).
If valve guide has been removed, valve and valve guide must be re-
placed as a set.
Install heat shields (14, FIGURE 3-60) as follows:
Always install a new heat shield (14). Never reuse an old heat shield
(1) Position washer (15) and heat shield (14), flange side facing up, in cylinder head through fuel injector hole.
(2) Lightly tap heat shield flange into place with a hammer and a brass bar.
d . Install used hot plugs (13) as follows:
(1) Align hot plug knock ball with cylinder head groove.
(2) Use a plastic hammer lo tap hot plug into place.
Install new hot plugs (13) as follows:
(1) Align hot plug knock ball with cylinder head groove and using a plastic hammer tap it temporarity into posi-