ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 36G1-94-2
(2) Using inside dial indicator, measure bearing inside diameter, refer to FIGURE 3-88.
(3) Standard clearance between bearing ID and crankshaft journal diameter (step e) is 0.0007 to 0.0025 in.
(0.018 to 0.065 mm), with a limit of 0.0047 in. (0.12 mm).
(4) If clearance exceeds limit, replace bearing and/or crankshaft.
Check connecting rod bearing and crankpin clearance as follows:
(1) Install bearings on connecting rod.
FIGURE 3-88. Crankshaft Journal and Bearing Clearance
(2) Install bearing end cap and tighten bolts to 61.5 ft-bs (83.4 Nm).
(3) Using inside micrometer, measure bearing inside diameter, refer to FIGURE 3-89.
FIGURE 3-89. Connecting Rod Bearing Inside Diameter