ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO SG1-94-2
FIGURE 3-106. Camshaft Runout
Check camshaft and camshaft bearing clearance as follows:
(1) Use inside dial indicator and measure camshaft bearing ID.
(2) Standard bearing ID is 1.8897 to 1.8909 in. (48.0 to 48.03 mm), with a limit of 1.8929 in, (48.08 mm).
(3) Standard clearance between camshaft journal OD (measured in step b), and camshaft bearing ID is
0.002 in. (0.05 mm). lf clearance exceeds limit of 0.005 in. (0.12 mm), replace bearings. Refer to para-
Before disassembling camshaft, check camshaft end play as follows:
(1) Push thrust plate as far as it will go toward camshaft gear.
(2) Use a feeler gage and measure clearance between thrust plate and camshaft journal.
(3) Standard clearance (end play) is 0.082 to 0.0044 in. (0.080 to 0.114 mm). If clearance exceeds limit of
0.008 in. (0.2 mm), replace thrust plate.