ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
(2) Standard cylinder liner bore is 3.386 in. (86.0 mm) with a limit of 3.394 in. (86.2 mm) If bore exceeds
limit, replace cylinder liner.
N O T E
Inside of dry type cylinder liner is chrome plated and cannot be rebored.
N O T E
If inside of cylinder liner is scored or scorched, cylinder liner must be
Check cylinder liner projection as follows:
(1) Hold a straight edge along top edge of cylinder liner to be checked.
(2) Using a feeler gage, measure each cylinder liner projection.
(3) Standard projection is 0.0 to 0.004 in. (0.0 to 0.10 mm).
(4) The difference in projection height between any two adjacent cylinders must not exceed 0.0012 in. (0.03
Select piston grade as follows:
(1) The term grade refers to piston diameter and cylinder liner bore combination.
(2) Grade A piston diameter is 3.3804 to 3.3812 in. (85.864 to 85.883 mm) and a Grade C piston diameter
is 3.3813 to 3.3820 in. (85.884 to 85.903 mm). These diameters are measured with a micrometer, 2.05
in. (52 mm) from top of piston.
(3) Cylinder liner bore and piston clearance is 0.0057 to 0.0077 in. (0.146 to 0.196 mm).