ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
ah. Perform feed pump suction test as follows:
(1) Install feed pump, paragraph 3-11.4.2.
(2) Attach a 6.5 ft (2 m) length of 0.315 in. (8 mm) ID pipe to suction port of feed pump and insert other end
into fuel container. Refer to FIGURE 3-32.
(3) Attach pipe to discharge port of feed pump and insert other end into empty container.
N O T E
Ensure a suction head of approximately 3.3 ft (1 m).
FIGURE 3-32. Feed Pump Test
(4) Operate injection pump at 100 rpm.
(5) Fuel oil must be discharged in less than 60 seconds.
ai. Perform feed pump priming pump test as follows:
(1) Pump should be piped as in step ah, refer to FIGURE 3-33.
(2) Fully loosen priming pumps screw cap.
(3) Operate priming pump at 60 to 100 strokes per minute.
(4) Fuel oil must be discharged in less than 25 strokes.