ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(11) Connect yoke assembly lead wire (6) to terminal on magnetic switch assembly with washer(s)
and nut (4). Tighten nut to 18.1 to 26.0 lb-ft (24.5 to 35.3 Nm). Ensure rubber boot (36) is
4.4. INTAKE AND EXHAUST SYSTEM MAINTENANCE.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
Exhaust system is very hot after operating engine. After operating engine,
allow exhaust system to cool before removal. Failure to comply could result
in personal injury.
When cleaning turbocharger, do not spray directly into compressor cover
or turbine housing. Failure to comply could result in damage to the
If turbocharger inspection is required, do not clean exterior prior to
removal. Cleaning exterior may wash away evidence of a potential failure
(1) Thoroughly clean exterior of turbocharger and surrounding area to prevent entry of dirt into air
intake system during removal.
(2) Remove air intake line and exhaust line from turbocharger (12, Figure 4-36), refer to TM 9-
(3) Loosen clamps securing air intake manifold hose to turbocharger, refer to paragraph 4.4.2.
Oil inlet line is fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary while
the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can cause
damage to equipment.
(4) Disconnect oil inlet line (3, Figure 4-36) from fitting (6) on top of turbocharger (12).