ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove exhaust manifold, refer to step a.
(2) Inspect exhaust manifold, refer to step b. Replace exhaust manifold if damaged.
(3) For installation of exhaust manifold, refer to step d.
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (5).
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Position gaskets (3, Figure 3-8) on exhaust manifold (2).
(4) Using guide studs, position exhaust manifold (2) on cylinder head.
(5) Apply antiseize compound (Refer to Appendix E) to capscrews (1).
Tighten capscrews on No. 3 and No. 4 cylinders first.
(6) Install capscrews (1) and torque evenly to 52 lb-ft (70 Nm).
(7) Install turbocharger, refer to paragraph 4.4.1.
4.5. LUBRICATION SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
This section provides maintenance for lubrication system components.
4.5.2. OIL PRESSURE REGULATING VALVE ASSEMBLY.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Remove fan belt, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(2) Remove plug (1, Figure 4-39) and washer (2) from timing gear cover.
(3) Remove spring (3) and oil pressure regulating valve (4).
(4) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.