ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove oil pressure regulating valve assembly, refer to step a.
(2) Replace spring (3) if found defective.
(3) For installation of oil pressure regulating valve assembly, refer to step d.
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (4).
(2) Position oil pressure regulating valve (4, Figure 4-39) and spring (3) inside valve seat (5).
Position washer (2) on plug (1). Install plug and torque to 70 lb-ft (95 Nm).
4.5.3. OIL PAN.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Drain engine lubrication system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(2) If necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14. Mount engine on
repair stand. Refer to paragraph 4.10.
(3) If necessary, remove oil dipstick assembly, refer to paragraph 3.11.5.
(4) Remove plugs/fittings (5, Figure 3-14) and O-ring gasket (6).
(5) Support oil pan (2) and remove capscrews (3 and 4), oil pan, and gasket (1). Discard gasket.
(6) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove oil pan (2, Figure 3-14), refer to step a.
(2) Inspect oil pan (2) for cracks, dents, or other signs of damage. Replace per step c., as necessary.
(3) Inspect plugs/fittings (5) and hole for damaged threads or signs of leakage. Repair or replace as
(4) Inspect oil pump pickup tube assembly (refer to paragraph 4.5.4) for clogging or damage.
(5) Install oil pan (2), refer to step d.