ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove oil pan (2, Figure 3-14), refer to step a.
(2) Inspect oil pan (2), refer to step b. Replace oil pan if cracks, dents, or other signs of damage are
found during inspection. Refer to step d. for installation.
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (6).
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Apply Flexible Form-In-Place Gasket on oil pan rail where flywheel housing, front plate, and
timing gear cover attach to cylinder block.
(4) Position gasket (1, Figure 3-14) and oil pan (2) on cylinder block. Install screws (3 and 4) and
torque to 26 lb-ft (35 Nm).
(5) If engine was removed from vehicle or machinery, install engine, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(6) Install aluminum or copper washers on drain plugs (5) with raised center against plug. Install
plugs in oil pan and torque to 35 lb-ft (47 Nm). Install fittings as required.
(7) Service engine lubrication system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
PICK-UP TUBE ASSEMBLY
Inspect pick-up tube assembly for clogging or damage. Refer to Figure 4-40.
FIGURE 4-40 PICK-UP TUBE ASSEMBLY