ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Fuel injection pump gets very hot during operation. Never steam clean or
pour water on fuel injection pump while fuel injection pump is running or
warm. Failure to comply could cause seizure of internal rotating parts.
Dirt in the fuel system can damage components or cause poor engine
performance. Always thoroughly clean the area around connection before
disconnecting. Always cover all openings after disconnecting. Failure to
comply can cause damage to components or poor engine performance.
(2) Thoroughly clean outside surface of fuel injection pump, fuel lines, and surrounding area with
cleaning solvent or steam cleaner.
(3) Disconnect electrical connector mounted on top of pump which leads to governor.
Diesel or JP fuel is flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and respiratory tract.
Skin and eye protection are required. Avoid repeated/prolonged contact.
Provide adequate ventilation. Failure to comply could result in serious
injury or death.
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary while
the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can cause
damage to equipment.
Catch fuel in suitable container.
Disconnect all fuel delivery (pressure) lines from injection pump using a
suitable 17 mm deep-well crowsfoot socket.
(4) Disconnect throttle cable from throttle arm (26).
(5) Disconnect fuel return line (3, Figure 3-17), fuel supply line (27), and fuel injection lines (7, 8, 9
(6) Remove capscrews (9, Figure 4-63), gear cover (8), and O-ring (7). Discard O-ring.