ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(11) Check timing marks on back side of front plate (1, Figure 4-42) and injection pump flange (2).
If timing marks are not aligned, or not clearly visible, scribe a visible reference mark in line with
mark on pump flange.
FRONT PLATE TIMING MARK
INJECTION PUMP FLANGE TIMING MARK
INJECTION PUMP MOUNTING FLANGE NUT
FIGURE 4-42. CHECK TIMING MARKS
(12) Remove fuel injection pump (22, Figure 3-17), and sealing ring (28). Discard sealing ring.
(13) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Inspect all fuel lines for wear, kinks or fitting damage. Repair as necessary.
Use a good light source to thoroughly inspect gear inner diameter and shaft
(2) Inspect injection pump drive gear inner diameter full 360º for metal transfer as a result of
slippage on shaft
(3) Inspect injection pump drive shaft outer diameter full 360º for presence of metal transfer from
gear slippage. Also, check index pin in shaft for damage, indicating gear slippage.
(1) Remove fuel injection pump, refer to step a.
(2) Perform inspection, refer to step b. Replace fuel injection pump if damaged.
(3) For fuel injection pump installation, refer to step e.