ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary while
the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can cause
damage to equipment.
(11) Torque fuel injection pump pressure lines to 20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
(12) Connect fuel supply line and torque to 22 lb-ft (30 Nm).
FIGURE 4-43. FUEL INJECTION PUMP PRESSURE OUTLET PORTS
(13) Connect fuel return line and torque to 12 lb-ft (16 Nm).
(14) Connect electrical connector mounted on top of pump which leads to governor.
(15) Connect negative cable to batteries, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Operating the generator set with any access door open exposes personnel to
high noise levels. Hearing protection must be worn when operating or
working near the generator set with any access door open. Failure to
comply can cause hearing damage or loss.
(16) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
(17) Start engine, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14, run for several minutes and check entire fuel system
for leaks. Shut down engine.