ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Improper removal can damage fuel injection nozzle beyond repair. Do not
use screwdrivers, pry bars, or similar tools to remove fuel injection nozzle.
Failure to comply can cause damage to equipment.
(6) Pull fuel injection nozzle out of cylinder head using Injection Nozzle Puller Set or Adapter and
slide handle from Puller Set (JDE38 or JDE38A).
(7) Remove washer (8, Figure 4-44) using razor blade or sharp knife. Discard washer.
(8) Remove upper packing and discard.
(9) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove fuel injection nozzle, refer to step a.
Compressed air used for cleaning can create airborne particles that may
enter the eyes. Pressure will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Eye protection
(2) Prior to testing, clean the nozzles using the following procedures;
(a) Clean fuel injection nozzle bore with (JDE39) nozzle bore cleaning tool or equivalent.
Blow debris from bore with compressed air and plug bore to prevent entry of foreign
Cleaning solvent is flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and respiratory tract.
Skin and eye protection are required. Avoid repeated/prolonged contact.
Provide adequate ventilation. Failure to comply could result in serious
injury or death.
(b) Place fuel injection nozzle in solvent or clean diesel fuel and soak for several minutes.
Do not scrape or disturb teflon coating on fuel injection nozzle body above
washer groove. Do not use a steel wire brush, scraper, or motor-driven
brush to clean nozzle body. Failure to comply could result in damage to
fuel injection nozzle.
Teflon coating will become discolored during normal operation, but this is