ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove fuel injection nozzle assembly, refer to step a.
(2) Test fuel injection nozzle assembly, refer to step b. Replace any nozzle that does not perform
(3) For installation of fuel injection nozzle, refer to step d.
(1) Remove plug installed during step a. from nozzle bore in cylinder head and blow out bore with
Dirt or damage on the sealing surface of cylinder head (where fuel injection
nozzle seal washer will be resting) can result in poor engine performance.
Make sure that sealing surface of cylinder head is smooth and free from
damage and dirt. Damage or dirt could prevent proper sealing or cause
distortion to nozzle when attaching bolt is tightened.
(2) Thoroughly clean sealing surface of cylinder head, where washer (8, Figure 4-44) will be
resting, and insure that sealing surface is free of damage. Repair or replace as required.
(3) Position new upper sealing washer (8) and packing (7) on fuel injection nozzle (6).
(4) Install fuel injection nozzle (6) in cylinder head using a slight twisting motion as fuel injection
nozzle is seated in bore. Insure that fuel injection nozzle is installed in the proper orientation.
(5) Align index clamp (1) and hold-down clamps (9) and install capscrew (5, Figure 4-44) finger
(6) Remove caps and connect fuel pressure line to fuel injection nozzle (6). Torque connection to
20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
(7) Tighten capscrew (5) to 30 lb-ft (40 Nm).
(8) Position washer (3), leak-off T-fitting (2) and tube nut (4) on fuel injection nozzle (6).
(9) Install leak-off line assembly, refer to paragraph 3.12.4.
(10) Torque coupling nut (2, Figure 3-17) to 20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
(11) Bleed air from fuel injection system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.