ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (4).
(2) Install push rods (1, Figure 4-48) in same locations from which they were removed.
(3) Position rocker arm assembly on engine.
(4) Lubricate all rocker arms (9) with MIL-L-2104 engine lubricating oil. Insure that rocker arms
(5) Position supports (7) and washers (6) on cylinder head. Install support studs and torque evenly,
a little at a time, to 59 lb-ft (80 Nm).
(6) Adjust valve clearance. Refer to paragraph 4.7.2.
4.7.4. CYLINDER HEAD.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Disconnect negative cable from battery, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(2) Drain engine coolant system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(3) Remove air intake and exhaust system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(4) Remove turbocharger, refer to paragraph 4.4.1
(5) Remove intake manifold, refer to paragraph 4.4.2.
(6) Remove exhaust manifold, refer to paragraph 4.4.3.
(7) Remove thermostat housing and thermostat housing to water pump tube, refer to paragraph
(8) Remove fuel filter, refer to paragraph 3.12.2.
(9) Remove fuel transfer lines, refer to paragraph 3.12.3.
(10) Remove fuel injection lines, refer to paragraph 3.12.4.
(11) Remove fuel injection nozzles, refer to paragraph 4.6.2.
(12) Remove rocker arm cover, refer to paragraph 4.7.1.