ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Position crankshaft pulley (1, Figure 4-61), and flange (3) on crankshaft and secure with bolts
(2). Torque bolts to 59 lb-ft (80 Nm).
(2) Install fan drive belt, reference TM 9-6115-671-14.
4.9.2. TIMING GEAR COVER.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Drain lubrication system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(2) Remove fan drive belt and fan, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(3) Remove alternator and alternator mounting bracket, refer to paragraph 3.9.1.
(4) Remove water pump if needed, refer to paragraph 3.8.3.
(5) Remove fan pulley and fan drive assembly as follows;
(a) Remove bolts (1, Figure 4-62) and (2) fan pulley.
FIGURE 4-62. FAN DRIVE ASSEMBLY