ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(44) Align drill point (2, Figure 5-47) in rotor with head locating screw bore at bottom of head. Align
cam pin hole in cam ring (88, Figure 5-1) with head locating screw bore in hydraulic head.
(45) Orient governor thrust sleeve (1, Figure 5-46) so that governor arm groove is in horizontal
(46) Carefully slide head and rotor assembly into fuel injection pump housing with metering valve bore
(3) at the 12 o clock position (straight up). When hydraulic head seal contacts fuel injection
pump housing, push head and rotor assembly in with slight twisting motion until head locking
screw bore in head and rotor assembly aligns with head locating screw bore in fuel injection pump
(47) Install vent wire assembly (47, Figure 5-1) into hydraulic head until it bottoms. Insure that vent
wire assembly does not protrude above surface of hydraulic head.
(48) Install shim (45), spring (44), and metering valve arm (43).
Rotate hydraulic head slightly counterclockwise to aid in installing linkage
hook onto pin on metering valve arm.
(49) Engage linkage hook (56) to cutout in governor arm (43) and fit linkage hook onto pin on metering
valve arm (41).
(50) Install head locking screws (23) finger tight.
(51) Thread control spring bushing (1, Figure 5-48) onto control rod (2) until control spring bushing
contacts control spring guide (3). Thread control spring (4) five full turns onto control spring
FIGURE 5-48. CONTROL SPRING INSTALLATION.