ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(32) Remove oil bypass valve, refer to paragraph 5.4.10.
(33) Remove pistons and rods, refer to paragraph 5.4.5. Stamp cylinder number on connecting rods.
(34) Remove crankshaft and main bearings, refer to paragraph 5.4.4.
(35) Remove cylinder liners, refer to paragraph 5.4.6. Mark each one with cylinder number.
(36) Remove camshaft bushing, refer to paragraph 5.4.1.
Clean cylinder block using the following procedures:
Remove engine and perform steps listed in paragraph a. to expose cylinder block.
Remove piston cooling orifices (1), Figure 5-79.
FIGURE 5-79. INSPECTING PISTON COOLING ORIFICE
Remove oil gallery plugs (1), Figure 5-80 using Oil Gallery Plug Tool.
Remove soft plugs (7,9), Figure 4-51.
Clean upper and lower liner bores with nylon brush.