ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
FIGURE 3-4. BATTERY CHARGING ALTERNATOR MOUNTING.
(1) Inspect rear housing for cracked or broken casting, stripped threads and severe wear of the
(2) Inspect fan for cracked or broken fins and for worn mounting hole.
(3) Inspect front housing for cracked or broken casting, stripped threads and bore of mounting foot
(4) Inspect other components for damage such as broken terminals or insulation, discoloration,
stripped threads and other obvious damage.
(1) Test battery charging alternator (6, Figure 3-4), refer to paragraph 3.9.1.a.
(2) Remove battery charging alternator (6) from engine, refer to paragraph 3.9.1.b.
(3) Inspect battery charging alternator (6), refer to paragraph 3.9.1.c. Replace if inspection reveals
defective. For installation of battery charging alternator, refer to paragraph 3.9.1.e.
(4) Send removed alternator to next higher maintenance level for repair.