ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Position battery charging alternator (6, Figure 3-4) on mounting bracket and install capscrew (3),
washer (4) and nut (5).
(2) Install washer (2) and capscrew (1).
(3) Connect electrical leads to battery charging alternator (6) as tagged during removal. Refer to
(4) Install fan belts on battery charging alternator (6), refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
a. Test (Installed on Generator).
(1) Make sure batteries are fully charged and that all battery and starter cables are serviceable and
(2) Set multimeter for DC volts and connect as shown in Figure 3-5, Test A. If voltage is indicated
solenoid is defective.
(3) Momentarily connect a jumper as shown in Figure 3-5, Test B. Multimeter should indicate
battery voltage and starter should crank the engine. If multimeter does not read battery voltage,
the solenoid is defective and must be replaced. If multimeter indicates battery voltage, but
starter does not operate, starter is defective and must be replaced.
FIGURE 3-5. STARTER SOLENOID TEST CIRCUIT.