ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove all covers installed during step a.
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Position gasket (6) and oil filter head (5) together into proper position on cylinder block and oil
cooler housing. Install capscrews (3 and 4) and torque to 26 lb-ft (35.9 Nm).
(4) Install fitting (2). Connect turbocharger oil inlet line to fitting (2).
(5) Install oil filter (1).
(6) Service engine lubrication system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
3.11.3. OIL COOLER.
Engine coolant is very hot and under pressure after engine has been
operating. Allow engine to cool before you slowly loosen filler cap and
relieve pressure from cooling system. Failure to comply could result in
severe personal injury.
(1) Allow engine to cool and drain coolant system, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
(2) Remove oil filter assembly, refer to paragraph 3.11.2, step a.
(3) Remove drain plug (1, Figure 3-10) and plug (2).
(4) Remove capscrews (3 and 4), adapter (5), gasket (6) and O-ring seal (7). Discard gasket and O-
(5) Remove oil cooler housing (8) and gasket (9). Discard gasket.
(6) Remove capscrews (10) and oil cooler (11).
(7) Remove O-ring seals (12) and discard.
(8) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove oil cooler (11, Figure 3-10), refer to step a.
(2) Inspect oil cooler (11) for physical damage, plugging, or leakage which may allow mixing of oil
(3) Back flush oil cooler (11) to clean all debris from core.