ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Inspect oil fill tube (3, Figure 3-11) and oil fill cap (1) for cracks or other damage.
(1) Remove oil fill tube, refer to step a.
(2) Inspect oil fill tube (3, Figure 3-11) and cap (1), refer to step b. Replace oil fill tube or oil fill
cap if found defective. For installation, refer to step d.
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (2).
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Apply Thread Lock and Sealer (LOCTITE 242) to threads of capscrews (2).
(4) Position gasket (4) and oil fill tube (3) on engine block. Install capscrews (2) and torque evenly
to 26 lb-ft (35 Nm).
(5) Install oil fill cap (1)
3.11.5. OIL DIPSTICK TUBE.
Visually inspect oil dipstick (1, Figure 3-12) and oil dipstick tube (2) for cracks, dents, or other damage.
Remove and replace if found defective.
FIGURE 3-12. OIL DIPSTICK TUBE ASSEMBLY.