ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Escaping diesel or JP fuel under pressure can have sufficient force to
penetrate skin. Before removing plug, be sure to relieve pressure.
Failure to comply could result in serious injury or death.
Catch fuel in suitable container. Dispose of fuel in accordance with local
(2) Slowly loosen plug (11, Figure 3-15) and allow fuel pressure to dissipate. Remove plug (11)
from fuel filter and install fuel pressure gage.
Operating the generator set with any access door open exposes
personnel to high noise levels. Hearing protection must be worn when
operating or working near the generator set with any access door open.
Failure to comply can cause hearing damage or loss.
(3) Start engine, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14. Fuel supply pump should maintain positive minimum
pressure of 2-4 psi (15-30 kPa).
(a) If pressure is low, replace filter element, refer to paragraph 3.12.2, and test pressure again.
(b) If pressure is still low, bench test fuel supply pump, refer to step d.
(4) Remove fuel pressure gage and install plug (11).
(5) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
Dirt in the fuel system can damage components or cause poor engine
performance. Always thoroughly clean the area around connection
before disconnecting. Always cover all openings after disconnecting.
Failure to comply can cause damage to components or poor engine
(1) Thoroughly clean outside surface of fuel supply pump and surrounding area.
Diesel and JP fuels are flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and
respiratory tract. Skin and eye protection required. Avoid
repeated/prolonged contact. Provide adequate ventilation. Failure to
comply could result in serious injury or death.