ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Thoroughly clean outside surfaces of fuel lines and surrounding area.
(2) Remove capscrews (6, Figure 3-17) and loop clamps (5).
(3) Remove capscrews (16) and loop clamp (15).
Diesel and JP fuels are flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and
respiratory tract. Skin and eye protection required. Avoid
repeated/prolonged contact. Provide adequate ventilation. Failure to
comply could result in serious injury or death.
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary
while the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can
cause damage to equipment.
Catch fuel in suitable container. Dispose of fuel in accordance with local
Disconnect all fuel delivery (pressure) lines from injection pump using a
suitable 17 mm deep-well crowsfoot socket.
(4) Disconnect coupling nut (29, Figure 3-17), remove clamp (13) and remove supply line from fuel
filter, refer to paragraph 3.12.2.
(5) Disconnect coupling nut (30) on return tube (3).
(6) Disconnect coupling nuts (2) securing tubes (4) to injectors. Remove tubes, coupling nuts and
return fuel line.
(7) Tag and disconnect fuel injection lines (7, 8, 9, and 10) from fuel injectors and fuel injection
(8) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove fuel lines, refer to step a.
(2) Inspect all fuel lines and seals for wear, kinks, or fitting damage. Replace as necessary.
(3) Ensure all connections are open. Replace as necessary.
(4) Inspect all removed o-rings, sealing washers, and fittings. If damaged, replace.