ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove fuel lines, refer to step a.
(2) Inspect fuel lines and seals, refer to step b. Replace if worn, kinked, or fitting damage is present.
(3) Install fuel lines, refer to step d.
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (8).
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary
while the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can
cause damage to equipment.
(2) Connect fuel injection lines (7, 8, 9 and 10 , Figure 3-17) to fuel injectors and fuel injection
pump as tagged during removal. Torque fuel injection lines to 20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
(3) Position coupling nuts (2) on tubes.
(4) Position tubes (4) on fuel injectors and secure with coupling nuts (2). Torque coupling nuts to
20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
(5) Position coupling nut (30) on return tube and connect to fuel injection pump (22).
(6) Position coupling nut (29) on fuel supply line.
(7) Connect supply line to fuel filter and install clamp (13).
(8) Position loop clamps (5 and 15) on fuel injection lines (7, 8, 9 and 10) and secure with
capscrews (6 and 16).
(9) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
3.12.5. FUEL INJECTION PUMP.
Inspect fuel injection pump for cracks, leaks, or obvious signs of damage. Notify next higher maintenance
level if cracked, leaking, or otherwise damaged.
3.12.6. FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE ASSEMBLY.
Inspect fuel injection nozzle assembly for cracks, leaks, or obvious signs of damage. Notify next higher
maintenance level if cracked, leaking, or otherwise damaged.