ARMY TM 9-6115-666-13&P
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-505-1
SECTION VI. MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
4.10. MAINTENANCE OF GENERATOR SETS.
Refer to TM 9-6115-645-24 for generator sets and to TM 9-2815-256-24 for engine.
4.11. SWITCH BOX ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(item 1, appendix B)
Both generator sets are shut down,
1. Unlatch and open cover for output breakers and inspect for loose, broken or missing hardware.
2. Close output cover and latch.
3. Unlatch and open cover for input switch and inspect for any loose, broken or missing hardware.
4. Close input cover and latch.
5. Release straps and inspect.
6. Remove switch box cover.
7. Inspect interior for any missing or broken parts.
8. Inspect all leads and wires for worn or deteriorated insulation. If found, notify next higher level of
1. Disconnect cables W1 (1, figure 4-6) and W2 (2) from the generator load terminals (3).
2. Remove tie down straps connecting cable W2 to the paralleling cable, and ensure cable W2 is free to
3. Remove ground cable (4) from the trailer ground terminal (5).
4. Remove four nuts (6), flat washers (7), and screws (8) that secure the switch box assembly (9) to trailer.
5. With the aid of a suitable lifting device remove switch box assembly from trailer.