ARMY TM 9-6115-666-13&P
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-505-1
5.7. BUS BAR MAINTENANCE
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(item 1, appendix B)
Both generator sets shut down, paragraph 2.7.1
Trailer support devices are lowered
Switch box cover removed, paragraph 4.11
Two clear plastic panel covers removed,
Visually inspect for corrosion, damage, or loose or missing hardware.
1. Locate defective bus bar (1, figure 5-4).
2. Tag electrical leads (2) connected to defective bus bar (1).
3. Remove self-locking nuts (3) flat washers (4), and screws (5) securing electrical leads (2) to bus bar
4. Remove three self-locking nuts (6), six flat washers (7), and three screws (8) securing the bus bar (1)
to the mount (9).
5. Remove bus bar.
1. Position bus bar (1, figure 5-4) in place.
2. Install three screws (8), three flat washers (7), and three new self-locking nuts (6).
3. Install leads (2), screws (5), flat washers (4), and new self-locking nuts (3) and remove tags.
4. Install two clear plastic covers using six screws and switch box cover.