ARMY TM 9-6115-666-13&P
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-505-1
C.22.214.171.124. Maintenance Code Fourth Position . The maintenance code entered in the fourth position tells
whether or not the item is to be repaired and identifies the lowest maintenance level with the capability to do
complete repair (i.e., perform all authorized repair functions). This position will contain one of the following
Some limited repair may be done on the item at a lower level of maintenance, if authorized
by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) and SMR codes.
- Organizational or aviation unit is the lowest level that can be complete repair of the item.
- Direct support or aviation intermediate is the lowest level that can be complete repair of the item.
- General support is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
- Specialized repair activity (designate the specialized repair activity) is the lowest level that can do
complete repair of the item.
- Depot is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
- Nonreparable. No repair is authorized.
- No repair is authorized. (No parts or special tools are assigned for the maintenance of a "B" coded
items.) However, the item may be reconditioned by adjusting, lubricating, etc., at the level.
C.3.2.3. Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action
on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the SMR code as follows:
- Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of
maintenance shown in the third position of SMR code.
- Reparable item. When uneconomical reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at organizational
or aviation unit level.
- Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at direct support
of aviation intermediate level.
- Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at general
- Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
- Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
- Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material. Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
C.3.2.4. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5 digit numeric
code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
C.3.2.5. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item
by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.