ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-9-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
4-13. Fuel Filter Assembly.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Do not smoke or use an open flame in the vicinity of gasoline vapors.
a. Disassembly . (figure 4-1)
(1) Close fuel shutoff valve (l).
(2) Loosen thumbscrew (2) and swing bail (3) out of way.
(3) Remove bowl (4), gasket (5), and filter screen (6) from fuel filter head (7).
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(1) Clean fuel filter head (7) using drycleaning solvent.
(2) Clean fuel filter screen (6) using drycleaning solvent and replace if torn or otherwise damaged.
c. Reassembly. (figure 40-1).
(1) Install gasket (5) and filter screen (6) in fuel filter head (7), replace gasket if damaged.
(2) Position bowl (4) on fuel filter head (7), swing bail (3) down and secure with thumbscrew (2).