(6) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(7) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 6 for a
Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
g. QTY (Column (7)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assem-
bly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may
vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Index Format and Columns (Section IV).
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., -----------------N------------------------ ). When using this column to
locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items
by stock number.
(2) FIG. column This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The fig-
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each
group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, cor-
poration, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineer-
ing drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section
II and III.
(3) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure refer-
enced in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Reference Designator Index. (Not Applicable).
6. Special Information.
USABLE ON CODE. (Not Applicable).
FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. (Not Applicable).
c. ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from
component spare/repair parts are found in the appropriate maintenance manual. Items that make up the assembly are
listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.