(3) Using cylinder head pressure testing kit,
install fabricated blocking plates (66) and
rubber gaskets to seal ten water holes on
fire deck. Secure with bolts, flat washers,
and nuts from kit. Torque bolts to 50-60
Ib-ft (71-47 N-m).
(4) Using cylinder head pressure testing kit,
install fabricated end plate (67) and gasket
over hole in front of cylinder head. Secure
with bolts from kit. Torque bolts to 30-35
Ib-ft (41-47 N-m).
(5) Attach a regulated air supply to end of
plate (67) and gradually apply pressure of
40 psi (276 kPa.1 ) to water jacket.
(6) Immerse cylinder head in a tank of water heated to 180oF-200oF (82oC-93oC) for twenty
minutes to heat head. Observe water in tank for bubbles which indicate a leak or crack. Check
for leaks at top and bottom of injector tubes, oil gallery, exhaust ports, fuel galleries, and at top
and bottom of cylinder head.
(7) Relieve air pressure and remove regulated air supply, injectors, end plate, and blocking plates
from cylinder head.
C h a n g e 1