6-11. AIR BOX HEATER REPLACEMENT (Cont)
Remove wire (39) from air box heater during air box heater removal.
(1) Disconnect wire (39) from ignition coil (12).
Remove nut, Iockwasher, and harness leads from stud (16) and remove connector (11)
from coil (12) during pump and motor assembly removal.
(2) Remove Iockwasher (55), flat washer (56), ignition coil (12) with tension clip (57), and
spacer (58) from stud (16). Discard Iockwasher.
(3) Remove ignition coil (12) from tension clip (57).
(4) If necessary, remove stud (16) from cylinder head.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and dont breathe vapors. Do not
use near open frames or excessive heat. The flash point is 100°F-
138°F (38oC-50oC). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent,
get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 PSI.
Use only with effective chip guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
Clean outside surface of ignition coil with cleaning solvent and dry with compressed air.
Inspect ignition coil for cracks, oil seepage, or damage to electrical connectors.
(1) Connect wire (39) to ignition coil (12) and terminal nut pin (40) on air box heater assembly
(2) Connect air box heater assembly (42) to common ground.
Do not touch ignition coil or air heater assembly while performing test.
High voltage is present. Personal injury may result.