Do not apply voltage to ignition
air heater must be grounded.
coil without a coil to air heater connection. Coil and
Apply positive lead to pin (A) and negative lead to pin (B) or damage to coil will
(3) Connect a 24 V dc power source to the coil input side of ignition coil (12). Observe electric
arc between electrode (48) and wire (54). Arc may be steady or intermittent (about ten to
thirty pulses a second) with a popping noise.
(1) If removed, install stud (16) into cylinder head.
(2) Install tension clip (57) on ignition coil (12).
Install nut, Iockwasher, and harness leads on stud during pump and motor assembly
(3) Install spacer (58), ignition coil (12), with tension clip (57), Iockwasher (55), and flat washer
(56) onto stud (16).
Install ignition wire from air box heater during air box heater installation.
(4) Install wire (39) onto ignition coil (12).