FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE REPLACE/REPAIR
1. Inspect seat of nozzle valve (27) for evidence of wear, distortion due to pounding,
discoloration due to overheating, and pitting. Reject if found.
2. Inspect the valve stem of nozzle valve (27) for scratches and discoloration. Reject if found.
3. Check the fit of nozzle valve (27) in nozzle body (28) by lifting the valve about one-third of its
length out of the body. The valve should slide back to its seat without aid when the nozzle
tip (26) is held at a 45-degree angle. Reject both pieces if they fail this test.
4. Inspect eight spray orifices in the nozzle tip (26) and the drilled passage for freedom of
obstructions. Replace if obstructed.
5. Inspect lapped sealing surfaces of nozzle body (28) for cracks, scratches, discoloration, wear,
pitting and evidence of pounding. Reject if found.
6. Inspect the lapped sealing surfaces on the ends of the spacer (11) for scratches, discoloration,
and cracks. Reject if found.
7. Inspect the area around the center hole on nozzle end of spacer (11) for evidence of wear and
pounding by the nozzle body (28). Maximum allowable depth of wear or distortion due to
pounding at this area is 0.003 inch (.0762 mm).
WP 0114 00-11