CAMSHAFT, DRIVE GEARS, AND ASSOCIATED PARTS REPLACEMENT
6. Inspect adapter (22).
a. Visually inspect adapter (22).
(1) Reject for nicks, scratches, or raised metal on contact surfaces that would prevent
sealing to mating pieces. Mark minor damage for repair.
(2) Check that oil transfer tube (32) is in place and not damaged. Mark damaged tube for
b. Measure and record inside diameter (A) of adapter (22).
(1) Reject adapter if dimension (A) is greater than 1.6270 inches (41.3258 mm).
c. Calculate fit of bevel gear shaft (7) to adapter (22).
(1) Subtract dimension E measured in step 4c from dimension (A) measured in step 6b.
(2) Fit must not be looser than 0.0060 inch (0.1524 mm).
WP 0146 00-8